GRIMS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION is being set up to empower the new graduates through all its knowledge resources and through creating live networking among alumni. It will strengthen the bonds between the alumni and their alma mater and it will bring together the alumni on a common platform. I invite all alumni to come, join and develop GRIMS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION to serve their needs optimally.
GRIMS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION shall create and maintain a life-long connection between the Institute and its alumni, who number more than 1300 ALUMNIES since its inception. In collaboration with an extremely dedicated Director, the Alumni Association works to connect alumni, alumni faculty, support students and build an unforgettable Institute experience through a diversity of events, programming and services.
Vision and priorities, the mission of the Association is to foster strong bonds between alumni, students and the Institute, to keep alumni informed, and create a network enabling them to remain engaged with their alma mater and help shape it's future through the Association's programmes and services.
Alumni Outreach Building Membership: The College's alumni are its lasting legacy and strongest voice. Finding new ways to build an engaged membership base is an integral task of the Association. Joining GRIMS AUMNI ASSOCIATION is one of the easiest ways to reconnect, give back to the Institute, and serve as a springboard for further involvement.
Aims and Objectives :
- To provide a vibrant forum that promotes interaction and networking among alumni of the Institute;
- To create a sense of brotherhood, co-operation, mutual harmony, and affection amongst the members of the Association
- To help alumni achieve their professional and societal goals;
- To help alumni in their hour of need;
- To facilitate the association of alumni with their Alma Mater;
- To contribute to the Institute’s vision of being recognized among the world’s leading institutions in academics, research, outreach, and innovation;
- To function on charitable basis, and to run the Association on ‘no profit no loss’ basis;
- To promote best practices in different areas of science, technology, humanities and social sciences for the benefit of the society, especially weaker sections;
- To create awareness about the Institute and its alumni in the public; and
- To assist deserving students from the sections of the society financially and otherwise.
- To foster linkages amongst the alumni and promote personal and friendly relations through meetings and get-togethers, tours / trips etc.
- To organize programs for the entertainment and enjoyment of the members of the Association
- To collect, publish and distribute such information as may be useful to members of the Association
General Body :
The General Body shall consist of all the members of the Association as defined in Clause 2.2(1) 2.2(2) and 2.2(3). The Regular and Life Members shall comprise the General Body of the Association. The General Body shall be the supreme body of the Association in taking decision on any matter relating to the Association and on all matters brought before them by the Office Bearers (Executive Committee) of association or by any member of the Association. The General Body shall function in accordance with By-Laws of the Association.
- The General Body of the Association shall consist of all the members of the Association.
- The General Body shall meet, at least once a year at a time and place in accordance with the recommendations of the by-laws committee.
- The quorum for the General Body Meeting shall be thirty Active Members. For those General Body Meetings which are to consider any constitutional change, the quorum shall be forty-five Active Members.
- At the Annual General Body Meeting, to be held between January to March, the Secretary shall present the Annual Report of the activities of the Association and the Treasurer shall submit the financial and audit reports.
- All faculty members of the Institute with two years standing shall be the Affiliate Members of the Association.
- The Association shall function through its committee which shall comprise of the following Elected, Nominated and Ex-Officio members.
- President : President shall be a Life Member of the Association.
- Vice Presidents : Two Vice Presidents named as Vice President-1 and Vice President-2 as given below :
- Vice President-1 : Shall be a Regular or Life Member of the Association and a resident of India, and
- Vice President-2 : Shall be a Regular or Life Member of the Association and a resident of a country other than India.
- Secretary : Secretary shall be a Regular or Life Member of the Association and also be an employee of the Institute.
- Treasurer : Treasurer shall be a Regular or Life Member of the Association and also be an employee of the Institute.
- Members :Five members as follows :
- Member 1 : Shall be Life Member of the Association with undergraduate degree from the Institute and a resident of India.
- Member 2 : Shall be or Life Member of the Association with undergraduate degree from the Institute and a resident of a country other than India.
- Member 3 : Shall be or Life Member of the Association who has obtained Master’s degree in any subject from the Institute and a resident of India.
- Member 4 : Shall be or Life Member of the Association who has obtained Master’s degree in any subject from the Institute and a resident of a country other than India.
- Member 5 : This is reserved for an alumna of the Institute. She should be Life Member of the Association who has obtained any degree from the Institute and is a resident of any country.
- One nominee of the Patron
- 1. Immediate past President of the Association
- 2. Immediate past Secretary of the Association
Term of Executive Committee :
- The term of the Executive Committee shall be three years from the date of assuming office and shall be reconstituted every three year.
Office Bearers :
- President, Vice Presidents, Treasurer and Secretary shall be the office Bearers of the Association.
Powers of the Board :
- For the purpose of implementing the decisions taken during its tenure, the Board shall be empowered to: constitute various committees for the purpose of executing its responsibilities more efficiently, and exercise other powers as described in By-laws of the Association.
Appointment of Executive Committee :
- The General Body shall appoint all the Office Bearers and other elected members of the Board through elections, which shall be conducted as per the procedure laid down in the By-laws of the Association.
- All active members of the association shall have the right to vote, propose, second or be a candidate for the elected positions of the executive committee.
- The secretary and treasurer of the executive committee shall be amongst the active members who are employees of the institute.
- Elections shall be conducted by the outgoing executive committee in the annual general body meeting to be held between January to March of every three years.
- The term of the executive committee shall be about three years. The outgoing executive shall hand over charge to the incoming Executive within fifteen days of the elections.
- The affairs of the association shall be managed by the Executive Committee.
- The quorum for an Executive Committee meeting shall be four voting members.
- Any three members of the Executive Committee can requisition a meeting of the committee by sending written request to the secretary.
- The Executive Committee may co-opt up to four members for any specific purposes. Co-opted members shall be invited to the meetings of the Executive Committee but shall have no voting rights. The immediate past Secretary shall be co-opted to the Executive Committee if he is not already a member in some capacity.
- The Executive Committee shall have the power to incur expenditure necessary to achieve the aims and objectives of the Association.
- In the event of a member of the Executive Committee resigning or not being available for the rest of the term, the other members of the Committee shall appoint another member. The member so appointed shall hold office with full duties and privileges.
- The time of the Annual General Body Meeting shall be announced to its member’s three months in advance